Owners Manual and User Guide for SKSNG907 and SKSNG907RV SmartKey Starter®
It is the responsibility of the vehicle operator to ensure their vehicle is parked in a safe and responsible manner.
- When leaving the vehicle, it is the user's responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is in a safe location to start remotely. If the vehicle is indoors or any other location where it should not be running, it is the user’s responsibility to ensure that the system is put in valet mode (remote start off) before leaving the vehicle. See below for valet mode instructions.
- It is the user's responsibility to ensure that the remote starter is disabled or put into valet mode before servicing.
How to put SmartKey Starter® in valet mode (remote start off):
Special note for servicing:
The SKSNG907 and SKSNG907RV include a set of bypass jumpers. The bypass jumpers allow the modules to be bypassed without removing the harnessing. It is highly recommended that the bypass jumpers be installed (bypassing the system) before performing any flash updates or mechanical maintenance.
If there is a problem encountered during a flash update or programming and the system had not been bypassed, simply bypassing the system will allow the update to be completed.
Note: If your system did not include the bypass jumpers or they are missing, please contact Mid City Engineering at 312-421-1114 or email@example.com and a set of bypass jumpers will be sent to you.
If the system needs to be bypassed immediately and there are no jumpers available, see our removal instructions by clicking here
Remote Start Operation:
- The remote start can be activated using a 'lock-unlock-lock' sequence from the OEM key fob
Note: The default remote start run-time for the SKSNG907 & SKSNG907RV is 1 hour. This can be changed in the menu or using the USB programmer (see below).
- Optional add-ons for remote start and alarm include smart phone control (Compustar Drone or Directed Smart Start) or extended range RF remotes (Compustar or Directed). Refer to external device operation instructions for details.ld be when starting the vehicle
Options settings and programming:
- For vehicles with the volume and mute button on the steering wheel, there is a menu that can be accessed on the instrument cluster using the steering wheel controls. Click here for menu how-to guide. See menu tutorial below:
For description and details about each options setting in the menu, click here
- For vehicles without the volume and mute buttons on the steering wheel, options and settings can be programmed using a USB programmer. Click here for guide.
- The SKSNG907 & SKSNG907RV are equipped with an internal OEM style alarm. The alarm is armed any time that the doors are locked with the OEM key fob or external device (smart phone control, extended range RF remotes).
- When the alarm is armed and any door is opened, the alarm will sound.
- If you have smart phone control and/or 2-way RF remotes connected to the SmartKey Starter® you will receive alarm alerts.
- Alarm can be disarmed by hitting unlock on the OEM key fob and/or external device
High idle operation:
Only available for SKSNG907RV
The SKSNG907RV includes high idle. The high idle can be activated 2 different ways:
- When remote or auto start is activated, the high idle will be engaged automatically while the engine is started remotely.
- If engine is started manually, high idle can be activated by engaging the parking brake and then pulling the the high beam / turn signal stalk towards you. To turn high idle off pull high beam / turn signal stalk toward you again. See demo video below:
Four Year Limited Warranty
Mid City Engineering, LLC. warrants to the original purchaser that this product shall be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and circumstances for the period of (4) four years from date of purchase. When the original purchaser returns the product to the retail store with an accompanying bill of sale where it was purchased within the warranty period, after evaluation, Mid City Engineering, LLC. will, at its option, repair or replace the product.
Mid City Engineering, LLC. is not responsible or liable for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any consequential damages, incidental damages, damages for loss of time, loss of earnings, commercial loss, loss of economic opportunity and the like that may or may not have resulted from the installation or operation of the Smartkey Starter®. Not withstanding the above, manufacturer does offer a limited warranty to replace or repair the control module as described above.
The product warranty is automatically void if the date code and/or serial number is defaced, missing, or altered or product is tampered with. This warranty will not be valid unless you have an accompanying bill of sale.